Appeals and Complaints

If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your subject access request, you are encouraged to contact the Governance Officer in the first instance, to determine if they can resolve your concerns informally, telling us as fully as possible why you think your request was not dealt with in accordance with Data Protection Law. 

If you remain dissatisfied after contacting the Governance Officer, you can ask for a formal internal review of the handling of your request.  Requests for internal review should be submitted promptly, and within one month of our response to your request.

The internal review will be conducted by the Chief Executive, with the outcome of the review provided to you within one month. If the Chief Executive decides that information should be released to you, the information will be provided to you as soon as is practically possible.

To submit your appeal, you can contact us via email, post or telephone.

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the internal review, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner or seek to enforce this right through a judicial remedy

The Information Commissioner can be contacted at the following address:

Information Commissioner
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

Or on 0303 123 1113

Further information about your rights under Data Protection Law is available on the Information Commissioner's website.