Complaints Overview

The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner takes the matter of complaints very seriously and we want to make sure that the service we provide to communities is professional, effective and efficient.

We recognise that there will be times when people feel dissatisfied with the service they have received. This may come about as a result of a particular incident in which they are involved, a policy decision about the policing of their neighbourhood or the conduct of a particular person employed by the police or the Police and Crime Commissioner.

There are four main bodies involved in complaints about policing and the police:
• your PCC;
• the Police and Crime Panel;
• the Chief Constable; and
• the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).

Which of these bodies is the appropriate one to deal with a complaint about policing or the Police will generally depend on the matter being complained about, its nature and severity.

To see how we deal with your personal information, please read our privacy notice.


If you require any adjustments to support you through the complaints system, please let us know. For example, if you have a visual impairment, you may require us to provide written responses in larger text. If you would like to communicate in Welsh, please let us know. Our contact details are as follows:
Telephone: 01633 642200 (We welcome calls in Welsh)