Community Support Officer recruitment
Gwent Police are recruiting a new intake of Community Support Officers (CSOs).
Police and Crime Commissioner Jeff Cuthbert said: “CSOs do a fantastic job. They are often the link between the police and the local community, helping to develop trust and building greater community cohesion.
“It is not an easy job and CSOs are often supporting some of the most vulnerable residents in our communities.
“I would urge anyone who is interested in supporting their community to find out more.”
The role of the CSO includes:
- Patrolling within the community, getting to know residents
- Supporting neighbourhood policing teams in solving local problems
- Making house visits to gather information and offer reassurance following a crime or incident
- Building links with key people in the community, such as the leaders of local groups and religions
- Protecting crime scenes
- Collecting CCTV evidence
- Providing crime prevention and personal safety advice
- Acting as professional witnesses, attending court when needed
- Engaging with young people, creating valuable relationships
For more details visit the Gwent Police website.