Volunteer Independent Custody Visitors
We are currently recruiting Independent Custody Visitors (ICVs).
ICVs are volunteers who conduct unannounced visits to custody units in order to check on the treatment of detainees, the conditions in which they are being held, and to ensure that their rights and entitlements are being observed.
As part of the role you will observe and report upon:
• The rights of the detainee
• The health and welfare of the detainee
• Conditions of the facilities of detention.
In order to apply you must:
• be over 18 years old
• not be a serving police officer, OPCC staff, Special Constables, lay justices or members of the Police and Crime Panel
• live or work in the area Gwent
• have been resident in the UK for the past three years prior to application.
More details on the role of the ICV is available from the Independent Custody Visiting Association website.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
Llantarnam Park Way