Police and Crime Commissioner for Gwent and Chief Constable for Gwent
Audit of Accounts 2018/2019
Notice is hereby given that pursuant to Sections 29 and 30 of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004 (and as further specified in the Accounts and Audit Regulations (Wales) 2018):
1. From 12 June 2019 to 9 July 2019 inclusive between 10.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. (Monday to Thursday only) and 10.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. (Friday only) any person interested, on application to the Finance Department, Police Headquarters, Croesyceiliog, Cwmbran may inspect and make copies of both the Police and Crime Commissioner’s accounts and Gwent Chief Constable’s accounts for the year ended 31 March 2019 and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating thereto.
2. On or after 9.00 a.m. on 10 July 2019, Anthony Barrett, the Appointed Auditor of 24 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9LJ will give at Vantage Point House, Vantage Point Business Park, Ty Coch Way, Cwmbran, NP44 7HF, (and subsequently until such time as the Auditor certifies completion of the Audit) at the request of any local government elector for the area to which such accounts relate, or his/her representative, an opportunity to question him about the accounts and any such elector or his/her representative may attend before the Auditor and make objections:
- as to any matter in respect of which the Auditor could take action under Sections 17 or 18 of the Act (namely, an unlawful item of account, failure to bring a sum into account, or a loss or deficiency caused by wilful misconduct); and
- as to any matter in respect of which the Auditor could make a report in the public interest under Section 22 of the Act.
3. No such objections may be made unless the Auditor has previously received written notice of the objection and the grounds on which it is to be made; and that a copy of such notice is sent to the undersigned.
Chief Finance Officer
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Gwent
Assistant Chief Officer, Resources
Gwent Police Headquarters