Private Finance Initiative Costs
Date Added: Monday, April 17, 2017
1) The total amount earmarked from the PCCâ€™s budget (and forceâ€™s if applicable) for 2017/18 to pay for PFI and/or PF2 -projects/schemes/liabilities?
2) Which individual schemes these are and how much each cost in 2017/18?
3) The total amounts for 2016/17 and 2015/16?
Two duties are placed on public authorities under Section 1 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA). Notwithstanding applicable exemptions, the first duty at, Section 1(1) (a), is to confirm or deny whether the information specified in a request is held. The second duty at, Section1 (1) (b), is to disclose information that has been confirmed as being held.
Under the provisions of those sections of the FOIA, we can confirm that the information you seek is held by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Gwent. Please find responses below.
1) 2017/18 = PFI Unitary Charge is £964,197 (unitary charge covers ongoing maintenance and operational costs. Excludes running costs such as gas, electric and water)
2) 1 scheme – Ystrad Mynach Police Station. Cost for 2017/18 is £964,197.
Please note: we receive Welsh Government funding to off-set a proportion the above cost. The expected funding for 2017/18 is £593,304.
2016/17 = £940,680
2015/16 = £933,508
Please note: we received Welsh Government funding to off-set a proportion the above costs. Funding received was as follows:
2016/17 = £620,689
2015/16 = £648,074