Office Costs and Secondments from Force
Date Added: Thursday, October 15, 2015
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please provide me with full answers to each of the following questions about office costs.
I appreciate you will have been asked similar questions before but I am looking for specific figures on seconded officers.
1. How many members of OPCC staff are there of March 2015, and what is the current annual salary cost?
2. How many people working in your office are seconded from the local police force, rather than being on the OPCCâ€™s books, and what is the cost of their salaries?
3. Please state the rank of these workers and what their seconded role is, ie sergeant working as staff officer.
1. As of March 2015 the annual salary costs were £707,936.80. There were 15 members of staff employed directly by the OPCC including the Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner and 3 members of staff working within the Drugs Intervention Programme. In addition, 1 member of staff was seconded from Gwent Police, 1 member of staff was seconded from the Probation Service and 1 member of staff was seconded from Newport City Council.
2. 1 member of OPCC staff is seconded from Gwent Police. Salary band is £33,264 - £36,207.
3. Communications Manager in force to Communications Manager in the OPCC.