Spending on Drug Intervention Projects and Police and Crime Panel Members
Date Added: Sunday, May 11, 2014
1. Does the Forceâ€™s Police and Crime Panel include representatives of local health bodies (in particular Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) or Health and Well-Being Boards (HAWB)? Where your force area contains multiple HAWBs/CCGs how many of these are represented on the panel?
2. Does the Forceâ€™s Police and Crime Panel include members selected for their expertise in (a) drug/substance abuse, (b) alcohol abuse or (c) both?
3. How much did the Force spend on drug intervention projects (or equivalent schemes) in 2012/13 and 2013/14?
4. How much funding has been allocated for drug intervention projects (or equivalent schemes) in 2014/15?
1. No information held. You may wish to contact the host Authority for the Police and Crime Panel, Caerphilly County Borough Council www.gwentpcp.org.uk/home
2. No information held. You may wish to contact the host Authority for the Police and Crime Panel, Caerphilly County Borough Council www.gwentpcp.org.uk/home
Drug Interventions Programme received £1,067,543
Total for 2012/13 = £1,067,543
Drug Interventions Programme received £981,881
In addition to these formal arrangements, the Commissioner also gave grants to the following initiatives:
Blackwood Crime Prevention Panel on behalf of Wings to Fly Productions received £5635.20. Wings to Fly forms part of the Drugs and Substance Misuse strand of the All Wales School Liaison Core Programme. As well as the live performances, Year 6 pupils (10-11 year olds) benefit from follow up lessons related to drug education.
PACE (People and Communities Engaged) received £5000 to produce a film entitled the ‘Good Drug Dealer’.
Torfaen Young People’s Forum received £9520 to produce a DVD and resource pack to raise awareness amongst children and young peoples of alcohol and drug use and its links to Anti-Social Behaviour and violent crime.
Total for 2013/14 = £1,002,036.20
Drug Interventions Programme have been allocated £951,881.
Total to date for 2014/15 = £951,881.