Complaints Overview

The OPCC takes the matter of complaints very seriously and we want to make sure that the service we provide to communities is professional, effective and efficient.

We recognise that there will be times when people feel dissatisfied with the service they have received. This may come about as a result of a particular incident in which they are involved, a policy decision about the policing of their neighbourhood or the conduct of a particular person employed by the police or the PCC.

There are four main bodies involved in complaints about policing and the police;

*your PCC;
*the PCP;
*the Chief Constable; and
*the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).

Which of these bodies is the appropriate one to deal with a complaint about policing or the Police will generally depend on the matter being complained about, its nature and severity. 

To see how we deal with your personal information, please read our privacy notice.

Making a complaint against Gwent Police

How to make a complaint against a police officer, police staff member or an organisation complaint about Gwent Police

Request a review of a complaint

How to request a review of a complaint dealt with by Gwent Police

Complaints against the Chief Constable

How to make a complaint against the Chief Constable

Complaints against the PCC and DPCC

How to make a complaint against the PCC and DPCC

Complaints against the OPCC

How to make a complaint against an OPCC member of staff, volunteer or an organisational complaint about the OPCC

Complaints relating to Welsh Language Standards

Complaints relating to OPCC compliance with the Welsh Language Standards



Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Share this: