Chief Constable Retirement and Legal Fees
Date Added: Dydd Iau, 4 Gorffennaf 2013
1. Is Carmel Napier, the former chief constable, serving a notice period?
2. How much is she being paid for this and how long is the notice period?
3. What legal services were taken on by the PCC to provide advice with regards Carmel Napier\'s retirement?
4. What is the nature of that service?
5. How much did it cost?
1. No notice period is being served
2. The Chief Constable retired on the 7th June 2013. We honoured the terms of her contract under which she was entitled to payment of a 6 month notice period (equivalent to half her final salary).
3. A barrister was appointed to provide legal advice
4. To provide legal advice
5. Under Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, we are not required to provide information if it is already reasonably accessible to you. The information you have requested is available at www.southwalesargus.co.uk/archive/2013/07/04/10528137._Deep_concerns__over_cost_of_ousting_ex_Gwent_Chief_Constable___leading_MP/